Monday, January 9, 2017

Thank You, Beta Readers!!

A couple of months ago, I sent out a bunch of copies of my lasts manuscript to beta readers.  It’s hard to edit your own stuff, and anytime you spend 5 years working on a project, you become way too close to it to see what really works, and what doesn’t.

Some of my betas have gotten back to me, red pens and questions ablaze.  They’ve questioned things about characters and events, about the necessity of certain scenes, even about little nuances in the premise.  I’ve listened to every suggestion I’ve gotten, and even though I may not use them all, the fact that they’ve taken the time to read through and critique my work means that I’ve taken all the critiques very seriously.  So, to the beta readers who have gotten back to me, thanks!

Some of the beta readers haven’t gotten back to me yet, and it’s cool, I get it, life is busy.  I thank you anyway for taking an interest.

So now comes the painful work of making those big structural changes that need to be made, and putting together the last draft I’m doing without professional help, be it from an editor or a psychologist.  Hopefully, I can have that done by the end of the month.  No pressure, right?

I can’t thank you enough, all the people who volunteered to help make this the best novel it can be.  As promised, I will thank everyone who got back to me individually in the acknowledgements page of the final finished draft.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment