Monday, November 14, 2011

NaNoWriMo, Day 14

So, fourteen days into my writing adventure, I've learned a lot about myself and my style of writing.  The good news is that working with a deadline has dramatically increased my output and totally silenced my internal editor.  In that, the exercise is a resounding success.  I've written five chapters of a novel in record speed, and as far as word count, I'm 20% into my goal.

The downside is that when motivation escapes me, it's gone.  I do a lot of my writing at work because there's so much time spent static where nothing's going on.  At home, there's a TV, there's an XBox, and a whole host of other things to distract.  I still have to push myself to write at home.

But still, the point of this is to have a usable, workable idea in place by the end of the month, and I have a substantial amount of stuff in a project I might not have had the patience to get into without this.  So i thank you, NaNoWriMo, for already changing the way i think about writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment