Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chubby Me, Day 3






Ok, so 3 days and 2 workouts into my new fitness, healthy food plan...

My meals have consisted of a much more balanced blend of fruits, vegetables, carbs and protein. Juicing fruits was a good call. I mean, yeah, it feels like eating pre-chewed baby food, but it doesn't taste half bad and it takes up space in the stomach. I started the first two days with a mango/peach/pear/orange/carrot blend. I ran out of mango today, so I replaced it with apples. I don't necessarily count calories, so I may be shooting myself in the foot here on that. On the veggie front, I looked up a simple broccoli salad recipe and have been eating that for the last couple of days. For the people who know me personally, this is a big deal. I mean, two whole days of eating broccoli.

Carbs and protein were handled with a curry chicken recipe I've always liked and a small serving of jasmine rice. Portion was the big thing for me here, and with all the space in my stomach being filled with pre-chewed fruit and broccoli, it didn't take a whole lot for me to be good.

My workout has changed in that I did a bit more cardio in addition to lifting. I have been in the gym two of the last three days (would have been three, but a staff meeting threw a curve ball into my day), and the next few days are going to be revolving around the gym, basketball and softball.

On Monday, on my first post, I weighed in at 266.8 lbs. Today, after the gym I weighed in at 260.8 pounds. Not bad for the first few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment