Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions? Those never work!

Happy New Year, ladies and gents!

2012 has come, and it seems the end of the world is upon us, the way it seems to be upon us every few years since '99.  I'm scared.  *yawn*

According to the Mayan calendar, the human race doesn't make it to the end of the year.  Or to Christmas, for that matter (the last day on the calendar is December 23.  Anyone of these geniuses think that maybe they ran out of space?).  I guess that means you must be a hopeless optimist to make resolutions.  After all, if the world ends in a shade over 11 months, what's the point in vowing to change yourself, to extend your life, or be healthier?

I couldn't answer that for you.  I'm a hopeless optimist.  I have a list of resolutions.  My "Self-Improvement Plan," that's what I call it.  And here I am, sharing it with the ether.  Happy New Year to you.


            -Read one book per week.
            -Reduce caffeine consumption by 75%.
            -Investigate living in Seattle.
            -Blog once to twice per week.
            -Finish the edits on Punch-Drunk Bastards before March1.
            -Finish plotting Open by July 1.
            -Have PDB ready for launch by July 1.
            -Have all my personal bills down to zero before I get my tax check.
            -Go home in February. 
            -Pay off my car at tax time.
            -200 days in the gym.
            -Make a new meal twice a month.
            -Write something every day.
            -Have a draft of Open finished by September 1.
            -Prepare Underground Rhapsody for NaNoWriMo.
            -Bank $8000 - $10,000 by the end of the year.

And that's all this time folks.  See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment